Tuesday 21 June 2011

Thing 1: starting out

This is actually my second blog, but I'm still quite new to the art. My main blog was set up to record my dressmaking hobby, I only created this a couple of months ago. In some ways I wish I'd used another blog writing software such as Wordpress, but I had a Google account and I could use this to go directly to Blogger - simples!

Although I like to think I'm reasonably in the know about web 2.0 and library 2.0, I felt there was still a lot to learn and this seemed the perfect way to learn. I'm not one for sitting in the session and learning, I like to learn individually onlne, and this fits the bill perfectly.

I'm currently working in a public library where access to some web 2.0 stuff is a complete no-no, so I'm hoping that blogging is OK! In the next few months I'm emmigrating to New Zealand, so I'm hoping what I learn here I can take with me to show that I am up to date in my knowledge.

Here's to the next few months of blogging, oh with a two week holiday in the middle!

4 comments:

  1. Picked your post at random and am practicing '23 things,' so I'm leaving a comment as instructed. Good luck with the course, the dressmaking, and the move to New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki,really interesting posts so far! Dress-making is on my to-do list, since apparently shops don't know that people my shape exist. I even got a sewing machine as a present, but have nobody to teach me! MSc to finish anyway, I'll worry about hobbies after that... Looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niamh, I'm not sure how I'll keep two blogs going, but I'll give it a go. With the distinct lack of CPD I'm allowed to attend which is external, and this being free, I just had to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Welles24, I'm hoping I can make lots of contacts through this!

    ReplyDelete