Wednesday 29 June 2011

Internet Presence

Here we are all blogging about our online brand and Internet presence, when many friends of mine actually say they are trying to reduce their online presence. The Internet has made them too famous! On the other hand, I blatantly use it to contact people, possibly be nosy and more recently through blogging, share my thoughts.

I have accounts with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, etc, etc. They seem to be all over the place. Some I keep updated, others, I just don't use. Unfortunately, there is only a certain amount of these sites I am allowed to use whilst at work, and other hobbies keep me from my laptop at other times.

I've been looking around various other blogs on the cpd23 delicious list and follow some. I've picked sites out at random. I think many head to their own library type or country, but I'm lucky to have had a mix of experience, so I pick things at random. I'm more likely to follow someone doing a different job to me, so I can try to gain some understanding of what their job entails, or even how it differs in a different country.

Perhaps I ought to be using my last couple of days in my current job to be making sure my online brand is consistent, following some of the suggestions from LibWig.

No comments:

Post a Comment