Monday 5 September 2011

Thing 14 revisted: Zotero

I've installed Zotero on my laptop at home now and had a look. It looks easy to use and with a nice front end.

I have managed to save some quotes from the CPD23 blogs and have retreived them by logging into the web version at work. However, the web version won't allow me to add any new quotes, so I can really only make use of the software at home. I'll try and see how I get on, I think it's nice to mention others in posts, comments, thoughts and ideas often come from hearing others.

We get students in our libraries, but they never ask about anything like citing software. It can't see it being added to the new image for our public PCs, even though we now have Firefox going on the public PCs (what about the staff ones?) If we offer the software, we would also need staff in each library trained in using it, which would be impossible to offer. Public library staff cannot offer the same level of IT skills as academic library staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment